Dear Sir or Madam,
The Department of Music Pedagogy of the Academy of Music in Gdańsk would like to invite for the Third International Convention on Music Pedagogy, the subject of which will be systematics and pragmatics of music pedagogy.
During two previous meetings we established paradigms from the area of pedagogical activities, historical variability of ideals and goals of education. We also traced the level of knowledge of music psychology. The reflection was supported by the experience from practical activities of Polish teachers and Polish scholars. It was, and still is, our priority that music pedagogy is a branch of science with a compact and orderly system of concepts, theorems and methodology.
The aim of the Third International Convention on Music Pedagogy is thus to enrich our resources of information with the experience of teachers from other countries in the existing education systems (art systems, including music pedagogy) and to compare them to Polish experience in this area. Therefore the opinions on the activity of units which educate music teachers for secondary schools, as well as those which educate professional musicians, will be valuable empirical data for us. The results of the studies on graduates of these schools, academies and universities, and the possibility of gaining consecutive degrees by them including the degree of professor are also worth mentioning.
Other, equally important issues include opinions of Polish and foreign teachers and scholars in the field of teaching specific music subjects and issues enriching students? pedagogical (humanistic) knowledge.
We invite you to present your experience from the above-mentioned research areas with the aim of recognizing, as quickly as possible, the specificity of music pedagogy as a discipline and indicating its rightful place in the Polish education system. Our priority is to recognize music pedagogy as the scientific foundation for all artistic activities.
prof. nadzw. dr hab. Andrzej Michalski
the Head of the Department of Music Pedagogy of the Academy of Music in Gdańsk
COMUNICATE No. 1
We propose the following groups of debate topics:
I. In the field of music education systematics:
- ontology of music pedagogy,
- music pedagogy in selected European countries,
- the evolution of music school system in selected European countries,
- proposals concerning music education systematics of educationalist since the beginning of their learning process until getting a degree,
- achievements of systematics in music teaching, condition of the knowledg.
- music education in the field of psychological examinations,
- didactic solutions as an psychological output,
- practical examples of solutions to teaching music subjects,
- music pedagogy with supplementing general pedagogy,
- specification of teaching music in music academies and universities, music teaching in general schools and cultural policy of a country,
- achievements of the pragmatics of music pedagogy, condition of the knowledge.
- analysis, registration, organization and saving of all artistic and scientific accomplishments achieved by art professors as the meaning of existence of the music pedagogy platform,
- research methodology of music issues,
- content and systematized arrangement of concepts and claims about learning and teaching music,
- scientific language of music pedagogy, literature,
- achievements of collection of artistic-scientific creations, condition of the knowledge.
The conference fee is 100 and includes participation in the conference, lunch and gala dinner, conference materials, post-conference publication printing costs - a monograph of the article the author (after a favorable review of the text).
The registration fee has be sent no later than January 15th 2015 to a bank account:
BZWBK 1 O. w Gdańsku, nr 14 1090 1098 0000 0000 0901 5764
with postscript: III Konwencja Pedagogiki Muzyki
Schedule of International Scientific Conference:
- Pre-notification of participation and topic (title, abstract up to 300 words, keywords) in Polish and English - up to December 15th 2015.
- Payment for the conference fee - up to January 15th 2015.
- Presentation of the conference program in Communication No. 2 - up to May 10th 2015.
- The full text of the speech, keywords and abstract in English (up to 300 words), please give on the date of the meeting - May 22 - 23, 2015. (a copy in a Word file - doc., font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing together with a signed CD).
© Akademia Muzyczna w Gdańsku 2014 All rights reserved, email@example.com, zdjęcia: Przemysław Bator